- Kingswear Castle’s engine built by Cox & Co. of Falmouth for the previous vessel of the same name.
- Date of build, engine transferred from the 1904 Kingswear Castle.
- Extensive re-plating below the water line and re-boilered.
- Kingswear Castle becomes the last operational paddle steamer on the River Dart.
- Kingswear Castle withdrawn from service at the end of the season.
- Purchased in June for £600 by the Paddle Steamer Preservation Society.
- Towed on 28th August to Medina Creek, Isle of Wight, and moored alongside PS Medway Queen.
- First sailing under Paddle Steamer Preservation Society ownership when she was steamed for the BBC TV series ‘Bird’s Eye View’.
- Towed in June to River Medway for comprehensive restoration.
- Boiler is steamed for the first time on 20th November.
- Steaming and manoeuvring trials carried out between 4th and 6th November on completion of restoration.
- Limited passenger carrying certificate issued for 12 passengers.
- Full passenger carrying certificate issued in May 1985.
- Full sailing programme commenced on 18th May 1985
- First ever trip on 21st September 1985 from Strood through the Swale to Whitstable. Read more…
- Kingswear Castle wins National Steam Heritage Award.
- Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher boards Kingswear Castle on 1st June 1987 during the General Election campaign.
- First prize winner in Scania Transport Trust Awards.
- New coal fired boiler installed with support from Heritage Lottery Fund, Manifold Trust and the Paddle Steamer Preservation Society.
- Kingswear Castle appears at for Queen Elizabeth II’s Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant on 3rd June 2012
- Kingswear Castle departs Chatham Historic Dockyard on 11th December to return to her birthplace, the River Dart in Devon.
- Kingswear Castle’s first cruise on the River Dart takes place on 29th March 2013, her first since 1965. Read more…
- Kingswear Castle wins Institution of Mechanical Engineers’ Engineering Heritage Award in May 2014. Read more…
- Engine removed to repair a small crack in her low pressure cylinder. Read more…
- Kingswear Castle recognised by National Historic Ships UK as the South West Regional Flagship of the Year. Read more…
- COVID-19 global pandemic reduces passenger capacity and shortens season to July through September.