On Wednesday 10th July 2019 the Wessex and Dart Branch of the Society organised an evening fundraising cruise from Poole on the MV Solent Scene operated by City Cruises Poole.
With good weather and calm seas 80 passengers enjoyed the evening cruise through Poole Harbour passing Studland and rounding Old Harry and sailing along the Jurassic Coast passing Swanage, we were treated to close up views of Anvil Point, Blackers Hole and the Dancing Ledge.
A big thank you goes to Carol Scott of City Cruises Poole who kindly sponsored the evening to help raise funds for the Waverley Boiler Refit Appeal and a total of £1,626 was raised from fares and the raffle which raised £351 with prizes kindly donated by City Cruises Poole and Waverley Excursions Ltd. In addition, a Waverley Souvenir shop was set up and over £150 of souvenirs were sold items included the new 60th Anniversary PSPS mug.
A special thank you goes to Antony and Nicholas Meads who liaised with Carol about the cruise and handled publicity and sales of tickets at their shop Setchfields in Poole High Street, also to Keith Adams who dealt with the postal bookings.
Come and visit the display at the following events
During the summer months the Paddle Steamer Preservation Society is represented at many events on the South Coast of England by Wessex and Dart Branch Committee member Geoffrey Ryder. This year with an emphasis on fund raising for the Waverley Boiler Refit Appeal.
- July 26th, 27th and 28th – Netley Marsh Steam & Craft Fair at Netley Marsh near Totton signed from junction 2 of the M27.
- 9th, 10th and 11th August – Purbeck Rally and Autojumble at Worgret Road, Wareham.
- 22nd to 26th August – 51st Great Dorset Steam Fair at Tarrant Hinton Nr Blandford.
- 31st August and 1st September Model Weekend at Hollycombe Working Steam Museum Iron Hill Liphook.
- 14th and 15th September Stoke Prior Steam Rally At Stoke Prior near Bromsgrove Worcestershire.