The Autumn issue of the Society’s magazine was sent to all PSPS members in September and this latest issue features Waverley on the front and back cover. Waverley also features across the centre pages.
‘Paddle Wheels’ is one of the benefits of PSPS membership with every member receiving their free copy every 3 months. The magazine was restyled in late 2017 and this latest issue is the fourth in an A4 format.
The Autumn 2018 issue includes:
- Waverley Report – review of the first half of Waverley’s 2018 season
- Kingswear Castle Report – latest news on our little river paddler
- Balmoral Update – Balmoral faces an uncertain future
- Waverley Study Group Report – Part 4 in a series publishing sections of the 1971 report by PSPS members to Caledonian Steam Packet Co
- Paddlers of the Past Jeanie Deans – Part 3 of a review of the career of Jeanie Deans. This section focusses on her period as Queen of the South on the Thames
- Waverley Financial Performance for her 2017 season
- Book Review – 21st Century Paddle Steamers by Russell Plummer
In addition there are reports on Maid of the Loch, Medway Queen and the Society archive.
New Members Offer – ONLY £10
New members can currently join at an introductory rate of just £10. This will allow membership until August 2019 and will include four issues of ‘Paddle Wheels’. To take advantage of the offer act today as it is limited to those who join by Sunday 15th October 2018. Simply click here, select full membership and then enter the promotional code Thames40 at the checkout.
PSPS members also received the Society’s Development Plan 2018-2021.
This sets out priorities for the Society over the next few years. The implementation of the plan is now well under way with several of the action points have been achieved such as the restyling of our magazine.
Other initiatives include developing our YouTube channel and this has rapidly developed with over 50 videos. Throughout the season we have been adding videos of Waverley with some historic footage also added. We have also increased out social media presence with further development of our Twitter account (@PSPS_UK) and Facebook Page (Paddlesteamers) as well as introducing our Instagram account (psps_uk).