The following morning all hands turned to from KC and the yard, including DSRRB Co Managing Director John Jones and me to to help load all her deck seats, lifebuoys, companionways, catering kit and so on back aboard before she set off under tow by Dittisham Princess back to the Dartmouth pontoon where work is continuing to prepare her for her return to service in July.
Her first scheduled Harbour Cruise is currently set for the 12 noon departure from Dartmouth on Monday 6th July.
There will be no sailings to Totnes for the time being.
The Dartmouth Steam Railway and River Boat Company, which runs KC on our behalf, has made the following announcement:
Hurray!! At long last we have some very good news for you all.....
We are planning to reopen on Monday 6th July. At this moment in time nothing is set in stone until we get closer to the 6th but we will keep you up to date asap. You can check regularly for updates of course.
We will not restart with all of our services but have introduced a streamlined service for the time being. Simply use the links on the home page to explore your trip with us - we are so looking forward to welcoming you!!
We have been working extremely hard to ensure that we meet all government guidelines and rest assured, we will not put the health and wellbeing of our customers and staff at risk.
Here are some of the things we have implemented so far:
- We have put screens up between the seating sections in the trains and are now working on our vessels (all will be complete before we open of course).
- There will be reduced capacity upon our restart and we will revisit operating procedures when government guidelines are issued.
- We have implemented allocated seating on both the steam train and the Dartmouth River Cruise vessel(s).
- The shop front has been reduced to allow a one-way system.
- The Head of Steam Cafe at Queen's Park Station has been screened to keep both our customers and staff safe.
- The steam train carriages will be more frequently deep cleaned regularly - including the use of a sanitiser fog machine.
Stay tuned for regular updates and more information - and we hope to welcome you all aboard again soon.....