The 2013 AGM was held at the National Railway Museum, York on Saturday 26th October 2013. The meeting was attended by 62 members and ran from 13:30 until 17:05, with a 25 minute break for refreshments.
The formal decisions were:
- Iain Dewar was elected as a member of Council;
- Adey, Fitzgerald & Walker were reappointed as Reporting Accountants to the Society;
- The new Articles of Association were adopted;
- The lengths of appointment to the Council were approved;
- The motion “That this Meeting calls on all members always to act in the best interests of the Society and its associated vessels and companies. In so doing members should observe the Social Media Guidelines as adopted by the Council of Management on 7 September 2013 and set out in Annex 3 to this notice” was carried; and
- The motion proposed by Colin Nimmo to vary subscription rates was lost.
At the conclusion of the meeting, Iain Dewar took over from Douglas McGowan as Chairman of the Society. In his closing remarks, he paid tribute to the enormous contributions made by his two recent predecessors, Myra Allen and Douglas McGowan. From the floor, Nick James proposed a Vote of Thanks to Douglas which was carried with acclamation.
It is hoped to post the presentations given by David Kells, Chairman of WEL, and John Jones, Finance Director of the Dart Company, when they become available. Further details may also be added, so please check back.
The Agenda Papers carried may be found here.