This post has been migrated from the Branch blog that was in use between 2008 and 2013. Consequently, there may be minor visual irregularities in how this post is displayed.
The meeting aboard Balmoral last Saturday was very well attended – the Britannia Lounge was packed -standing room only.
The main points to come out of the meeting were:
- Charitable Status should be received before the end of September
- Over £50,000 has been pledged so far, this will be worth 25% more with Gift Aid
- Lottery Transition Funding to be applied for (up to £100,000)
- Several large organisations being approached for donations
- WSN has agreed ‘in principal’ to bareboat charter Balmoral to the new company
- Ship to be opened to the public (I believe that a catering contractor has been appointed)
There were probably other things, but I wasn’t taking notes. A newsletter (with the very latest news is due soon) and will be sent to all on the mailing list – if you haven’t signed up, you can do so here. The Balmoral web site (same link) has had a lot of things added to it since I last looked, including several video clips – very interesting – an impressive site!
Everyone at the meeting was asked to provide their contact details and to list any skills they could bring – anything from – taking the minutes at the fortnightly meetings, admin, hosting visitors to the ship, right through to the manual work /welding /engineering of the ‘winter’ volunteers. If YOU have a skill that you think would be useful and are prepared to volunteer, there is a Volunteer page on the web site – use the link above.
Finally, someone has produced a couple of promotional videos that I found on the Supporting Waverley And Balmoral Facebook page