The meeting aboard Balmoral last Saturday was very well attended - the Britannia Lounge was packed -standing room only.
The main points to come out of the meeting were:
- Charitable Status should be received before the end of September
- Over £50,000 has been pledged so far, this will be worth 25% more with Gift Aid
- Lottery Transition Funding to be applied for (up to £100,000)
- Several large organisations being approached for donations
- WSN has agreed 'in principal' to bareboat charter Balmoral to the new company
- Ship to be opened to the public (I believe that a catering contractor has been appointed)
There were probably other things, but I wasn't taking notes. A newsletter (with the very latest news is due soon) and will be sent to all on the mailing list - if you haven't signed up, you can do so here. The Balmoral web site (same link) has had a lot of things added to it since I last looked, including several video clips - very interesting - an impressive site!
Everyone at the meeting was asked to provide their contact details and to list any skills they could bring - anything from - taking the minutes at the fortnightly meetings, admin, hosting visitors to the ship, right through to the manual work /welding /engineering of the 'winter' volunteers. If YOU have a skill that you think would be useful and are prepared to volunteer, there is a Volunteer page on the web site - use the link above.
Finally, someone has produced a couple of promotional videos that I found on the Supporting Waverley And Balmoral Facebook page