The Society holds, attends and supports a number of events around the country throughout the year. Each of the five PSPS branches also run a programme of talks and other events during the winter months
- Branch AGM followed by “Sailing is Only Half the Fun!” – Ashley GillThe Holiday InnSouthamptonBranch AGM followed by an illustrated talk presented by Ashley Gill looking back over 30 years as a volunteer working on refits of a variety of steamers including Waverley, Balmoral, Medway Queen, Ryde and Southsea.
- Branch AGM followed by “The PSPS Collection” – David GreenCivil Service ClubLondonBranch AGM followed by a talk by PSPS Archivist David Green about some of the wonderful items in the PSPS Collection.
- “A Challenging Year with Waverley” – Paul SempleMV Balmoral, The Mardyke WharfBristolPaul Semple shares his experience of the past year as General Manager of Waverley. Note: MV Balmoral is likely to be berthed at The Mardyke Wharf rather than M Shed. Click through for more information.
- Archive Film Show from the Collection of Phil FrickerEast Cowes Town HallIsle of WightFeaturing highlights from the collection of the late Phil Fricker from West Cowes taken in the 1960s and P & A Campbell’s film from the 1950s.
- Branch AGM followed by “A Challenging Year with Waverley” – Paul SempleBar ConventYorkBranch AGM followed Paul Semple who will share his experience of the past year as General Manager of Waverley. Note change of venue from that published in Paddle Wheels.
- Branch AGM followed by “Slides from 1992 & 1993” – Peter ReidRenfield St Stephen's Church CentreGlasgowThe Branch AGM is followed by another entertaining presentation from Peter Reid featuring some of the slides he took in 1992 and 1993.
- Branch AGM followed by “PSPS Archive Film Show” – Richard TurnerCardiff Holiday InnCardiffRichard Turner will entertain us with a selection of archive films from the PSPS Collection including new material which has come to light over the past year. Not to be missed.