- Three Days Ago
Kingswear Castle returned to service Monday 6th July 2020 running harbour cruises from Dartmouth.
On Friday 3rd July a surveyor was aboard to test Kingswear Castle's two boiler safety valves.
- 24th June
Kingswear Castle is set to return to service on Monday 6th July taking the 12 noon harbour cruise from Dartmouth.
- 19th June
The iconic look of Waverley is restored with the refitting of the forward funnel.
- 18th June
Work has started again on completing Kingswear Castle's refit.
- 17th June
One down, one to go. The aft funnel is refitted as work to complete Waverley's boiler refit accelerates.
- 30th May
Support the Maid of the Loch by taking a virtual cruise of the full length of Loch Lomond.
- 23rd May
45 years ago this weekend Waverley was in the midst of her first weekend in operation under Waverley Steam Navigation.
- 15th April
Bill Prynne, who died aged 94 on Saturday 11th April, was PSPS Chairman for two stints, firstly for part of 1963 and then again from 1967 to 1976.
- 10th April
Greg Beecroft shares some pictures he took of Waverley at Easter 1980.
- 10th July: Helensburgh Advertiser "When will Maid of the Loch paddle steamer reopen to public?"
- 8th July: National Piers Society "Clacton Pier named Pier Of The Year 2020!"
- 3rd July: Helensburgh Advertiser "Maid of the Loch rescue effort gets £20,000 online boost"
- 20th June: Greenock Telegraph "Waverley paddle steamer is looking shipshape again"
- 2nd June: The Herald "Historic Loch Lomond paddle steamer launches Covid-19 fundraiser"
- 28th May: Kent Online "Medway Queen named South East's 'Flagship of the Year'"
- 25th May: Dumbarton & Vale of Leven Reporter "Maid of the Loch aims for sell-out ‘cruise’ to mark anniversary"
- 24th May: The Lochside Press "[Minor] Repair work planned for Helensburgh pier"
- 5th May: Daily Record "Coronavirus crisis could sink Maid of the Loch restoration project"
- 5th May: The Herald "Restoration work begins on historic steamer [Maid of the Loch]"
- 29th April: Helensburgh Advertiser "Maid of the Loch 'needs urgent financial help', charity says"
- 29th April: Dumbarton & Vale of Leven Reporter "Eddie works on Maid of the Loch repairs - 70 years after his dad helped build the ship"
- 20th April: Helensburgh Advertiser "PS Waverley will not return to Helensburgh in 2020"
- 14th April: Greenock Telegraph "Complete replacement of crumbling Comet may be needed"
- 31st March: Helensburgh Advertiser "Maid of the Loch paddle steamer ‘closed until late June’, says charity"
- 19th February: BBC News "Historic steamship taken out of service after ‘extensive’ cracks discovered"
- 18th February: Dorset Echo "Looking Back: 70 years since Monarch passed through Weymouth's Town Bridge"
- 14th February: Otago Daily Times "[Paddle] submarine may lie beneath hospital site"
- 4th February: Hartlepool Mail "Improvements to Hartlepool’s historic buildings and maritime heritage included in £53million plans"
- 24th January: Greenock Telegraph "Work begins on £2.3m boiler refit of iconic Waverley paddle steamer"
- 7th January: Institution of Mechanical Engineers "Last seagoing paddle steamer needs your help to inspire future engineers"
- 19th December: Bristol Post "Paddlesteamer Waverley will sail again in the Bristol Channel in 2020 following funding appeal"
- 19th December: North Devon Gazette "Paddlesteamer Waverley will return to North Devon in 2020 after appeal success"
- 18th December: The Scotsman "Fundraiser to save Waverley paddle steamer hits its target of £2.3million"
- 18th December: The Herald "Iconic Clyde steamer to set sail in 2020 after fundraising appeal reaches goal"
- 18th December: STV News "Stricken paddle steamer Waverley set to sail again"
- 18th December: Inverclyde Now "FULL Steam Ahead For Waverley Boiler Refit At Greenock After £2.3Million Target Reached"
- 12th December: Hartlepool Mail "Calls for improvements to Wingfield Castle as part of £40m investment plans for Hartlepool"
- 12th November: Divernet "Kolay finds British [Paddle Steamer] minesweeper at 82m"
Brighton Belle struck by lightning off Eastbourne.
9th July 1948 Embassy aground in Poole Harbour.
- Two Days Ago
Jeanie Deans scheduled for the "Round the Lochs and Firth of Clyde" excursion from Craigendoran, Gourock, Dunoon, Rothesay, Largs and Millport (Keppel Pier)...
- Three Days Ago
Caledonia cancelled sailings from Ayr due to the weather.
First day of the season for Ryde.
Consul's first sailing of the season from Weymouth to Swanage and Bournemouth.
- A Week Ago
Talisman runs aground at Arrochar.
- 2nd July
Embassy's first day of the 1960 season.
- 1st July
On Monday 1st July 1935 Golden Eagle was rostered to run from Tower Pier to Clacton.
- 29th June
Day trip from Hull to Grimsby.