- 13th July 2020
Kingswear Castle is now running harbour cruises from Dartmouth every day except Fridays at 12 noon, 1.30pm & 3pm.
- 7th July 2020
Kingswear Castle returned to service Monday 6th July 2020 running harbour cruises from Dartmouth.
- 4th July 2020
On Friday 3rd July a surveyor was aboard to test Kingswear Castle's two boiler safety valves.
- 24th June 2020
Kingswear Castle is set to return to service on Monday 6th July taking the 12 noon harbour cruise from Dartmouth.
- 19th June 2020
The iconic look of Waverley is restored with the refitting of the forward funnel.
- 18th June 2020
Work has started again on completing Kingswear Castle's refit.
- 17th June 2020
One down, one to go. The aft funnel is refitted as work to complete Waverley's boiler refit accelerates.
- 30th May 2020
Support the Maid of the Loch by taking a virtual cruise of the full length of Loch Lomond.
- 23rd May 2020
45 years ago this weekend Waverley was in the midst of her first weekend in operation under Waverley Steam Navigation.
- 15th April 2020
Bill Prynne, who died aged 94 on Saturday 11th April, was PSPS Chairman for two stints, firstly for part of 1963 and then again from 1967 to 1976.
Click on the button above or click here to see more news.
- 14th July: Daily Record "Maid of the Loch's future secured after crowdfunder target is smashed"
- 10th July: Helensburgh Advertiser "When will Maid of the Loch paddle steamer reopen to public?"
- 8th July: National Piers Society "Clacton Pier named Pier Of The Year 2020!"
- 3rd July: Helensburgh Advertiser "Maid of the Loch rescue effort gets £20,000 online boost"
- 20th June: Greenock Telegraph "Waverley paddle steamer is looking shipshape again"
- 2nd June: The Herald "Historic Loch Lomond paddle steamer launches Covid-19 fundraiser"
- 28th May: Kent Online "Medway Queen named South East's 'Flagship of the Year'"
- 25th May: Dumbarton & Vale of Leven Reporter "Maid of the Loch aims for sell-out ‘cruise’ to mark anniversary"
- 24th May: The Lochside Press "[Minor] Repair work planned for Helensburgh pier"
- 5th May: Daily Record "Coronavirus crisis could sink Maid of the Loch restoration project"
- 5th May: The Herald "Restoration work begins on historic steamer [Maid of the Loch]"
- 29th April: Helensburgh Advertiser "Maid of the Loch 'needs urgent financial help', charity says"
- 29th April: Dumbarton & Vale of Leven Reporter "Eddie works on Maid of the Loch repairs - 70 years after his dad helped build the ship"
- 20th April: Helensburgh Advertiser "PS Waverley will not return to Helensburgh in 2020"
- 14th April: Greenock Telegraph "Complete replacement of crumbling Comet may be needed"
- 31st March: Helensburgh Advertiser "Maid of the Loch paddle steamer ‘closed until late June’, says charity"
- 19th February: BBC News "Historic steamship taken out of service after ‘extensive’ cracks discovered"
- 18th February: Dorset Echo "Looking Back: 70 years since Monarch passed through Weymouth's Town Bridge"
- 14th February: Otago Daily Times "[Paddle] submarine may lie beneath hospital site"
- 4th February: Hartlepool Mail "Improvements to Hartlepool’s historic buildings and maritime heritage included in £53million plans"
- 24th January: Greenock Telegraph "Work begins on £2.3m boiler refit of iconic Waverley paddle steamer"
- 7th January: Institution of Mechanical Engineers "Last seagoing paddle steamer needs your help to inspire future engineers"
- 19th December: Bristol Post "Paddlesteamer Waverley will sail again in the Bristol Channel in 2020 following funding appeal"
- 19th December: North Devon Gazette "Paddlesteamer Waverley will return to North Devon in 2020 after appeal success"
- 18th December: The Scotsman "Fundraiser to save Waverley paddle steamer hits its target of £2.3million"
- 18th December: The Herald "Iconic Clyde steamer to set sail in 2020 after fundraising appeal reaches goal"
- 18th December: STV News "Stricken paddle steamer Waverley set to sail again"
- 18th December: Inverclyde Now "FULL Steam Ahead For Waverley Boiler Refit At Greenock After £2.3Million Target Reached"
- 12th December: Hartlepool Mail "Calls for improvements to Wingfield Castle as part of £40m investment plans for Hartlepool"
- 12th November: Divernet "Kolay finds British [Paddle Steamer] minesweeper at 82m"
- 79 Years Ago Today
First day in service of Lincoln Castle.
Medway Queen makes two round trips between Strood and Southend.
3rd August 1937 Balmoral spends the night at anchor in fog with 125 passenger aboard.
- Two Days Ago
La Marguerite scheduled for a day trip from Liverpool to Menai Bridge.
- Three Days Ago
Southern Railway ran a Rail and Steamer excursion from London to the Isle of Wight by fast electric trains to Brighton thence by P & A Campbell's steamer.
Princess Elizabeth and Monarch on the Swanage service.
Morning cruise on Consul to Lulworth Cove.
A day in the life of Kingswear Castle in the Medway years.
- A Week Ago
Thursday 28th July 1960 Princess Elizabeth runs a day trip from Torquay to Plymouth.
- 27th July 2020
Brodick Castle sails from Swanage, Bournemouth and Boscombe to Totland Bay, Isle of Wight, Cowes and Portsmouth.
- 26th July 2020
Lorna Doone scheduled to sail from Southampton to Ryde, Southsea, Sandown, Shanklin, Ventnor and on round the Isle of Wight.
Click on the button above or click here to see more features.
- 25th July 2020
Waverley has her funnels removed ahead of her boiler replacement.
- 5th January 2020
In 1960, the Patterson family decided to stay away from the busy towns and traffic jammed highways to have a sailing holiday on the Clyde Steamers.
- 5th November 2019
At the end of August 1981, the Paddle Steamer Maid of the Loch's engines and paddle wheels fell silent.
- 3rd November 2019
Maid of the Loch's compound steam engine turns astern.
- 2nd November 2019
Maid of the Loch's port paddle wheel turning astern.
- 30th September 2019
On Sunday the 30th September 2018 we watch Paddle Steamer Waverley sails through London's famous Tower Bridge .
- 21st September 2019
This is the final video in a series of eight.
- 14th September 2019
In the penultimate video in a series of eight we take to the water in a rowing boat to have a good look the the starboard side and stern of the Maid of the Loch.
- 8th September 2019
In this sixth video of eight we can see the hard work done by PSPS Scottish Branch members beginning to pay off.
- 6th September 2019
A brand new broadcast quality documentary film on DVD looking at the huge achievements of the PSPS since its formation and the challenges faced along the ...
Click on the button above or click here to open the PSPS channel on the YouTube website.