- Two Days Ago
Kingswear Castle season extended to Thursday 8th October.
Waverley is now critically short of funds. Without further support she can't return to service in 2021. We are therefore asking for your help by donating to the COVID-19 Relief Appeal.
- 14th September 2020
On Wednesday 9th September Waverley sailed from Brodick back to Glasgow Science Centre for her winter lay-up.
- 4th September 2020
On Thursday 3rd September 2020 Waverley's bow made heavy contact with Brodick Pier resulting in 17 passengers being injured.
- 2nd September 2020
Waverley's short season of cruises on the Clyde has been extended and she will now operate until Saturday 12th September 2020.
- 23rd August 2020
Waverley was able to undertake her first cruise since October 2018 on Saturday 22 August 2020. This took her from Glasgow to Loch Long and Loch Goil, calling at Blairmore.
- 18th August 2020
Waverley Excursions have announced a two week programme of sailings on the Clyde, from Friday 21st August until Sunday 6th September 2020.
- 14th August 2020
Waverley returned to her home berth at Pacific Quay in Glasgow.
- 14th August 2020
Waverley moves under her own power for the first time since her boiler refit.
- 7th August 2020
Waverley has moved from her berth in James Watt Dock to Greenock Custom House Quay.
Click on the button above or click here to see more news.
- 21st September: BBC News "Restoration plan for historic Glasgow dry dock"
- 20th September: Largs & Millport Weekly News "Loss of Waverley tourism boost labelled 'a hammer blow' to town's economy"
- 16th September: Helensburgh Advertiser "Maid of the Loch's engines are all set to go global"
- 14th September: The Sunday Post "A life on the ocean’s airwaves: Daughter’s delight as books inspired by legendary Waverley skipper sail onto radio"
- 8th September: The Scotsman "Waverley paddle steamer sets sail for Glasgow after pier collision"
- 3rd September: BBC News "Late-night rescue for stranded Waverley passengers"
- 2nd September: The Scotsman "Stranded Waverley passengers rescued after 24 hurt when steamer hit pier"
- 2nd September: BBC News "Seventeen injured after Waverley crashes into pier"
- 27th August: Helensburgh Advertiser "In Pictures: Maid of the Loch welcomes first visitors of 2020"
- 21st August: The Herald "Waverley paddle steamer sets sail for first time in two years"
- 21st August: BBC News "Waverley paddle steamer finally sets sail after two years"
- 20th August: Helensburgh Advertiser "Maid of the Loch reopens to the public after lockdown"
- 20th August: The Sunday Post "Paddle steamer Waverley’s first passenger cruise since 2018 cancelled"
- 20th August: BBC News "Technical hitch delays Waverley paddle steamer return sailing"
- 18th August: The Scotsman "Paddle steamer Waverley to resume Clyde cruises"
- 18th August: Largs & Millport Weekly News "Waverley to return to Largs and Millport for summer sailings"
- 14th August: Glasgow Live "Doon the Watter - the story of the Waverley, the world's last seagoing paddle steamer"
- 13th August: The Sunday Post "Iconic steamer Waverley paddles for the first time in almost two years after boiler refit"
- 13th August: STV News "Ship shape: Waverley paddle steamer returns to water"
- 13th August: Daily Record "Waverley paddle steamer back on open water after major refit"
- 13th August: The Lochside Press "Waverley back on the Clyde for sea trials"
- 12th August: Largs & Millport Weekly News "Waverley out on sea trials on the Clyde today"
- 13th July: Daily Record "Maid of the Loch's future secured after crowdfunder target is smashed"
- 9th July: Helensburgh Advertiser "When will Maid of the Loch paddle steamer reopen to public?"
- 7th July: National Piers Society "Clacton Pier named Pier Of The Year 2020!"
- 2nd July: Helensburgh Advertiser "Maid of the Loch rescue effort gets £20,000 online boost"
- 19th June: Greenock Telegraph "Waverley paddle steamer is looking shipshape again"
- 1st June: The Herald "Historic Loch Lomond paddle steamer launches Covid-19 fundraiser"
- 27th May: Kent Online "Medway Queen named South East's 'Flagship of the Year'"
- 24th May: Dumbarton & Vale of Leven Reporter "Maid of the Loch aims for sell-out ‘cruise’ to mark anniversary"
- 56 Years Ago Today
On the morning tide on Tuesday 29th September Jeanie Deans crossed from Craigendoran to lay up in the Albert Harbour, Greenock.
Empress at the movies.
- Three Days Ago
PS Embassy’s sails frim Poole to Weymouth to layup for the winter.
- Three Days Ago
Last day in passenger service of P & A Campbell's Britannia.
Consul due back in Weymouth from the Thames.
First day in service on the Bristol Channel and running the Cardiff/Weston ferry of Vecta.
On Saturday 23rd September 1972 the PSPS chartered Waverley for a sailing from Gourock to Inveraray.
Last day of the 1955 season for the Consul.
- A Week Ago
Last day of the 1958 season for Glen Usk.
- 21st September 2020
Kingswear Castle's first ever trip from Strood through the Swale to Whitstable.
Click on the button above or click here to see more features.
- 25th July 2020
Waverley has her funnels removed ahead of her boiler replacement.
- 5th January 2020
In 1960, the Patterson family decided to stay away from the busy towns and traffic jammed highways to have a sailing holiday on the Clyde Steamers.
- 5th November 2019
At the end of August 1981, the Paddle Steamer Maid of the Loch's engines and paddle wheels fell silent.
- 3rd November 2019
Maid of the Loch's compound steam engine turns astern.
- 2nd November 2019
Maid of the Loch's port paddle wheel turning astern.
- 30th September 2019
On Sunday the 30th September 2018 we watch Paddle Steamer Waverley sails through London's famous Tower Bridge .
- 21st September 2019
This is the final video in a series of eight.
- 15th September 2019
In the penultimate video in a series of eight we take to the water in a rowing boat to have a good look the the starboard side and stern of the Maid of the Loch.
- 8th September 2019
In this sixth video of eight we can see the hard work done by PSPS Scottish Branch members beginning to pay off.
- 7th September 2019
A brand new broadcast quality documentary film on DVD looking at the huge achievements of the PSPS since its formation and the challenges faced along the ...
Click on the button above or click here to open the PSPS channel on the YouTube website.