Benefits of Joining
Join Today - Online
You can join and pay your annual subscription online with a credit card, debit card or bank transfer via PayPal. Simply click on the most appropriate membership option below. Check if you are entitled to Senior membership here.
Existing PSPS member? Please do not use this page to renew your PSPS membership. If you renew your membership annually you should follow the instructions on your renewal letter that accompanied the Summer edition of 'Paddle Wheels'. Members who do not renew annually do not need to do anything at this stage.
50p PayPal Transaction Fee
50p will be added on checkout to cover the transaction processing fee charged to the Society by PayPal. This will appear on your PayPal receipt as 'postage and packaging'. 50p is less than the cost of a 2nd class postage stamp so joining online is not only cheaper than buying a stamp it also spares you a walk to the postbox in the rain!
Pay by Cheque or Direct Debit? Interested in Life Membership?
Download, print, complete and post this membership form.
Benefits of Joining - In Detail
Two Free Tickets for Children
Available to members each season for use aboard Waverley and Kingswear Castle (Dartmouth 1¼ hour River Cruise only, not valid during July and August);
Free Quarterly Magazine
The Society's colour journal 'Paddle Wheels' is posted to members each quarter and is packed with news of our ships, articles and photographs of current and historic interest from around of world;
Save £25 on Sailing Friends of Waverley Memberships
All PSPS members can enjoy a Friends of Waverley Sailing Membership without paying the Associate membership fee – a saving of £25. Sailing Membership allows purchase of tickets allowing unlimited sailing aboard Waverley during 2017 in an area of your choice or throughout the UK. There’s a guaranteed place aboard every sailing and no need to queue at the purser’s office for tickets! All shore excursions and coach returns are included. (Note that anyone wanting Friends of Waverley Newsletters and other non-sailing benefits would have to pay the normal membership fee.)
To obtain Friends sailing tickets first look at the Waverley Excursions website here to see which one you want. Send a letter stating your PSPS Membership number and the type of Friends ticket required to Waverley Excursions Ltd, 36 Lancefield Quay, Glasgow G3 8HA. Alternatively telephone 0845 130 4647.
Discounted Paddle Steamer and Other Tickets
Waverley Excursions Limited - Operators of Paddle Steamer Waverley
PSPS members can purchase £5 Sailing Vouchers for Waverley at a cost of £4 - a saving of 20%. These vouchers can be used like cash to buy sailing tickets aboard the ship or, if you want to be sure of a place on a particular trip, in advance from the Waverley Excursions office. There is a minimum purchase of 20 vouchers but no maximum and they must be bought prior to March 31st 2017.
To order the sailing vouchers simply send a letter stating your PSPS Membership number, how many vouchers you want - 20 or above - and enclosing a cheque to Waverley Excursions Ltd, 36 Lancefield Quay, Glasgow G3 8HA. Alternatively telephone 0845 130 4647.
Dartmouth Steam Railway & River Boat Company - Operators of Paddle Steamer Kingswear Castle
- A 20% discount is available to PSPS members for trips on Kingswear Castle upon production of a valid PSPS membership card for tickets bought at Dartmouth Steam Railway & River Boat Company booking offices on the day of travel.
- A discretionary 10% discount is also available to PSPS members upon production of a valid PSPS membership card for other trips and combined tickets bought at Dartmouth Steam Railway & River Boat Company booking offices on the day of travel.
- Except during July and August, the PSPS free child vouchers can usually be used on Kingswear Castle's one and a quarter hour harbour cruises from Dartmouth.
For further details call 01803 555872 or check out the Dartmouth Steam Railway & River Boat Company website.
Regular Meetings and Special Events
These are usually held during the winter months by each of our five Branches that cover Great Britain:
- Bristol Channel Branch - Meetings in Bristol and Cardiff;
- London & Home Counties Branch (Central London and Southend);
- North of England & North Wales Branch (York and Liverpool);
- Scottish Branch (Glasgow);
- Wessex & Dart Branch (Torbay, Bournemouth, Southampton and Isle of Wight).